The Scientific Programme for IEEE ISTAS 2015 is based on a two stage, double-blind peer review process.
The Preliminary Programme incorporates 3 plenary panels and a scientific programme with 15 parallel sessions featuring 60 presenters from public, private, education and research and societal organisations in 19 countries.
Thematic areas addressed include: ICT4D and Humanitarian Engineering, eHealth, Smart Cities, eAgriculture, Cloud Computing, Technology-enhanced Learning, Privacy and Security Issues, Professional and Research Ethics in STEM, Impact of Consumer Electronics, Technological Forecasting and Technology and Development Policy Issues.
Plenary Speakers confirmed to date include:
- President of Ireland, Michael D Higgins
- Androulla Kaminara, Principal Advisor and Head of Task Force Knowledge, Performance & Results, DG DEVCO, European Commission
- Dr Greg Adamson (SSIT President), University of Melbourne, Australia
- Gordon Day, 2012 President, IEEE, USA
- Prof. Linda Hogan, Vice-Provost, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Prof. Ron Arkin, Mobile Robot Laboratory, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Dominic MacSorley, Chief Executive Officer, Concern Worldwide, Ireland
- Prof. Darelle Van Greunen, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, South Africa
- Diane Whitehouse, Chair, IFIP TC9 - ICT and Society, UK
- Prof. Jaafar Elmirghani, Co-Chair IEEE Green ICT Initiative, University of Leeds, UK
- Louise Krug, Senior Researcher, BT plc, UK
- Charlie Sheridan, Director IoT Systems Research Lab, Intel Labs
- Prof. Robert Shorten, IBM Research, Ireland
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org